Oral Hygiene … Okay we all know what oral means and the definition of hygiene is “conditions or practices conducive to maintaining health and preventing disease, especially through cleanliness”. Therefore it means taking care of your mouth and teeth. All dentists and Orthodontists like those at Boyd Orthodontics recommend being attentive to your teeth and your overall oral health.
Oral hygiene and good oral health knows no age limits. From infants to seniors oral hygiene is important to your whole health picture.Read More
A dental abscess, or tooth abscess, is an accumulation of pus that forms inside the teeth or gums. The abscess typically originates from a bacterial infection, often one that has accumulated in the soft pulp of the tooth.
Bacteria exist in plaque, a by-product of food, saliva and bacteria in the mouth which sticks to the teeth and damages them, as well as the gums. If the plaque is not removed by regular and proper tooth brushing and flossing the bacteria may spread within the soft tissue inside the tooth or gums, eventually resulting in an abscess.Read More
Care for your teeth! Have you ever been frustrated opening a bottle, container, prying open a lid, or ripping open a package with your hands? Jimmy Fallon, host of NBC-TV’s popular “Tonight Show” tried prying open a tube of scar tissue repair gel with disastrous results.
For the 40 year old comedian, what happened next wasn’t funny: when trying to open the gel, Fallon chipped his front tooth, on top of another medical problem, a serious finger injury he suffered a few weeks resulting in trying to open the scar cream. Moral of the Story… Always use the right tool for the job… and your teeth are never the right tool!Read More
Orthodontics 2017…The New Year is the perfect time to make changes to improve your life, whether that means a new exercise program, healthier diet, or getting a healthier new smile. What better way to boost your appearance, confidence and achieve better dental health than orthodontics!
Do you have any of these dental problems?
• Crowding of teeth
• Spacing between teeth
• Overbite, crossbite, underbite
Did you answer “Yes”? Then orthodontics can help you just like it did master illusionist and magician Michael Grandinetti. “The first thing… that an audience notices is your smile; it’s what really connects you as a person to them,” Michael stated during an interview. Michael underwent complete orthodontics with braces as a teen and has been very diligent about good oral care over the years. “I’m so thankful I did it. It was so beneficial. And… looking at the path I’ve chosen, it was life-changing.” Does your smile measure up?Read More
Happy Holidays to all! Tis the Season to stuff those stockings and watch people smile. At Boyd Orthodontics we would like to share some stocking stuffer ideas to consider for patients of all ages whether or not they are wearing braces. Instead of candy and sweets that can bend wires and knock off brackets during holiday festivities, give something more suitable to make your season bright.
Stocking Stuffer Ideas
- Colgate Wisps for those on the go. Wisps are disposable mini-toothbrushes with a breath-freshening bead that allows you to have a clean, fresh mouth without water or rinsing.
- Playing cards and card games
- Fun pens, markers, and note paper
- Comic books, puzzle books, or magazines
- For the ladies – Festive nail polish, or for teens and adults, the latest in jamberry nail or Incoco nail design wraps that are easy to apply, don’t chip easily, and last up to two weeks!
- Cash or prepaid debit card
- Movie or concert tickets
- Scratch off lottery tickets.
- Super Snow for the kids no matter what age.
- Gift cards
- Fun Express Inflatable Reindeer Antler Ring Toss Game
- Hog Wild Holiday Reindeer Popper
- For the kids; include a letter from Santa thanking them for avoiding the hard and sticky foods they love so much throughout the year that damage braces and create extra trips to the orthodontist you like to avoid.